This tuna recipe doesn’t use canned tuna but fresh Albacore Tuna. It is a really good tuna recipe and we know you’ll enjoy it.
- 2 x 4 ½ oz Albacore Tuna
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 Lime (juiced and zested)
- ½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Vegetable Oil
- Black Pepper
- Prepare to dredge the tuna by placing 3 bowls side by side
- In the first bowl place the flour
- In the second bowl whisk the egg and lime juice together.
- In the third bowl mix together the panko and lime zest then season with salt and pepper
- Season the tuna on all sides then dredge in the flour, dip into the egg mixture and finely coat with panko
- In a medium sized pan, heat the oil over medium high heat
- Carefully place the tuna into the pan and sear each side until the panko turns golden brown on all sides. For rare tuna sear for about 1 minute on each side.
- Place the tuna onto a paper towel and pat away excess oil, and then serve.